There’s no difference! Many tools are cross-platform, and web design is cross-platform. Really, all you need is a text editor and an internal web server. HOWEVER, some tools are built on Windows first, then ported to Mac.
Launch the Java Control Panel by clicking the Java icon under System Preferences. Go to the Update tab in Java Control Panel and click on Update Now button that brings up Installer window. Click on Install Update. Click on Install and Relaunch.
How do I enable Java in Safari?
- Click on Safari and select Preferences.
- Choose the Security option.
- Select Allow Plug-ins then click on Manage Website Settings.
- Click on the Java item, select an option (Ask, Allow or Allow Always) from the pulldown list When visiting other websites.
- Click Done then close the Safari Preferences window.
- Launch Safari from your desktop or Dock.
- From the main menu at the top of your screen, click Safari and then Preferences…
- Click the Security icon.
- Close this window.
- open terminal,
- create an empty file: touch script.js ,
- edit file and add a simple function: var add = (a, b) => a + b; console. log(add(5, 10));
- run script using node script. js command,
- the output should be 15 .
How do I run code?
To run code: use shortcut Ctrl+Alt+N. or press F1 and then select/type Run Code , or right click the Text Editor and then click Run Code in editor context menu.