Log into the server, and open a command line / terminal window. (If you’re working remotely, connect to the server via SSH.) Replace [UserName] and [Password] with the actual credentials for the database, and replace [DB_Name] with the exact name of the database you’re changing.
How do I select a database in MySQL terminal?
use databaseName; select data from any table: select * from tableName limit 10; You can select your database using the command use photogallery; Thanks !
Can we change database name in MySQL?
If you’re using MySQL version 5.5 (or greater), you are likely using the InnoDB storage engine, which makes the task of renaming databases quite simple. In short, you can use the RENAME TABLE command within a MySQL prompt to effectively change the database name of a particular table while keeping the table name intact.
How do I select a database in MySQL?
You can use the SQL command use to select a database.
- Example. Here is an example to select a database called TUTORIALS − [root@host]# mysql -u root -p Enter password:****** mysql> use TUTORIALS; Database changed mysql> …
- Syntax. mysqli_select_db ( mysqli $link , string $dbname ) : bool. …
- Example. …
How do I use another database in MySQL?
How To Copy a MySQL Database
- First, create a new database using CREATE DATABASE statement.
- Second, export all the database objects and data of the database from which you want to copy using mysqldump tool.
- Third, import the SQL dump file into the new database.
How can I see all tables from a database in MySQL?
To get a list of the tables in a MySQL database, use the mysql client tool to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW TABLES command. The optional FULL modifier will show the table type as a second output column.
How can I change the database name in SQL query?
Rename a database using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, connect to your SQL instance.
- Make sure that there are no open connections to the database. …
- In Object Explorer, expand Databases, right-click the database to rename, and then click Rename.
- Enter the new database name, and then click OK.
How do I find MySQL database name?
Show MySQL Databases
The most common way to get a list of the MySQL databases is by using the mysql client to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW DATABASES command. If you haven’t set a password for your MySQL user you can omit the -p switch.
How do I edit a database in MySQL workbench?
To change the name of the default schema, double-click the schema tab. This opens a schema editor window docked at the bottom of the application. To undock or redock this window, double-click anywhere in the editor title bar. To rename the schema, use the field labeled Name.
How do I connect to a MySQL database?
To Connect to a MySQL Database
- Click Services tab.
- Expand the Drivers node from the Database Explorer. …
- Enter User Name and Password. …
- Click OK to accept the credentials. …
- Click OK to accept the default schema.
- Right-click the MySQL Database URL in the Services window (Ctrl-5).
How do you connect to database?
Within the Databases node you can do the following:
- Connect to a database.
- View current database connections.
- Select or add a driver for your database.
- Enter SQL statements and see the results immediately.
- Run SQL scripts on a connected database.
- Migrate table schemas across databases from different vendors.
What is the use of use command in MySQL?
The USE statement tells MySQL to use the named database as the default (current) database for subsequent statements. This statement requires some privilege for the database or some object within it. The database name must be specified on a single line.
Where is the MySQL database stored?
All MySQL databases are stored in corresponding directories inside a MySQL DATADIR directory, which is specified in a configuration. E.g. myExampleDB’s files would be stored inside ‘$DATADIR/myExampleDB’ directory. And according to this result, database files would be stored inside /var/db/mysql/%DB_NAME% directory.
How do I copy one database to another in MySQL?
Here are the steps to copy MySQL database.
- Create a new empty database using CREATE DATABASE statement.
- Export all database objects & data to new database using mysqldump command.
- Import SQL dump file into new database.
How do you switch databases?
Switching between databases is another way of saying you are closing one connection and opening another. When you need to change between databases, you’ll use the “connect” command, which is conveniently shortened to c, followed by the database name.