How do I search for a specific data in a table in SQL?
SQL Server Management Studio Object Explorer
When the Object Explorer is opened, you can search for a specific database object in the following way: browse to the database you want to search through. write the name (full or partial) of the database object in the Search text box. press Enter to start the search process.
How do I search for a word in an SQL database?
Use ApexSQL Search in SSMS to search for SQL database objects
- Search text: Enter the keyword you wish to search.
- Server: It is the SQL instance you connected.
- Database: Here, you can select a single database, multiple databases or all databases.
- Object type: By default, it searches in all the objects.
How do I search for a specific text in a SQL Server database?
Find all objects containing specific text in SQL Server
- Run VBS from SQL. 2.948K. …
- SQL Optimisation :: Convert Primary Keys to Clustered Indexes. 2.751K. …
- There is no freely available T-SQL parser. 880.
How do I find a string in SQL?
SQL Server CHARINDEX() Function
The CHARINDEX() function searches for a substring in a string, and returns the position. If the substring is not found, this function returns 0. Note: This function performs a case-insensitive search.
How do I view a table in SQL?
Right-click the Products table in SQL Server Object Explorer, and select View Data. The Data Editor launches. Notice the rows we added to the table in previous procedures. Right-click the Fruits table in SQL Server Object Explorer, and select View Data.
How do you search for a value in a database table when you don’t have the exact value to search for?
How do you search for a value in a database table when you don’t have the exact value to search for? In such cases, the LIKE condition operator is used to select rows that match a character pattern. This is also called ‘wildcard’ search.
How do I search for a word in a database?
Select the Object search command:
- In the Search text field, enter the text that needs to be searched (e.g. a variable name)
- From the Database drop-down menu, select the database to search in.
- In the Objects drop-down list, select the object types to search in, or leave them all checked.
How do I search for text in SQL Agent?
How to search SQL Server Agent Command Text for a string
- SELECT s.step_id as ‘Step ID’ ,
- j.[ name ] as ‘SQL Agent Job Name’ ,
- s.database_name as ‘DB Name’ ,
- s.command as ‘Command’
- FROM msdb.dbo.sysjobsteps AS s.
- INNER JOIN msdb.dbo.sysjobs AS j ON s.job_id = j.job_id.
- WHERE s.command LIKE ‘%mystring%’
How do I search for a word in Oracle?
To do this you can use ALL_SOURCE dictionary object. Because it contains all source information line by line. Below is the SQL statement to query all_source view to search a particular string (‘Employee Name:’).
How do I search for text in all SP?
You just need to write that keyword and press shortcut key. For example: I want to search ‘PaymentTable’ then write ‘PaymentTable’ and make sure you select or highlight the written keyword in query editor and press shortcut key ctrl+4 – it will provide you full result.
How do I search for a specific text in all stored procedures?
Search text in stored procedure in SQL Server
- SELECT DISTINCT.
- o.name AS Object_Name,
- FROM sys.sql_modules m.
- INNER JOIN.
- sys.objects o.
- ON m.object_id = o.object_id.
- WHERE m. definition Like ‘%[ABD]%’;
How do you check if a column contains a particular value in SQL?
“how to check if a column contains a particular value in sql” Code Answer
- Declare @mainString nvarchar(100)=’Amit Kumar Yadav’
- —Check here @mainString contains Amit or not, if it contains then retrun greater than 0 then print Find otherwise Not Find.
- if CHARINDEX(‘Amit’,@mainString) > 0.
- select ‘Find’ As Result.