Can you run Java on edge?
The Edge browser does not support plug-ins and therefore will not run Java.
How do I get to Java settings in Windows 10?
- Right-click on the Start button and select the Control Panel option.
- In the Windows Control Panel, click on Programs.
- Click on the Java icon to open the Java Control Panel.
- Open a new window with Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the More actions button in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down the Settings and click on View advanced settings.
- Under Cookies, select the option Don’t block cookies.
- Refresh Microsoft Edge to enable cookies.
How do I enable Java?
- Click Tools and then Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button.
- Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets.
- Make sure the Enable radio button is checked.
- Click OK to save your preference.
How do I enable Java in edge?
Select System Preferences. Click the Java icon to open the Java Control Panel. Then, click the Security tab. At the top of the Security tab, check the Enable Java content in the browser box to enable Java.
Which Java version is best for Windows 10?
Java SE 12 is the latest JDK development kit for Windows, Linux, and macOS platforms. And, today, we’ll show you how to install JDK in Windows 10. Before installing JDK, check that your platform meets the system requirements for Java SE 12. Java SE is compatible with the Windows 10, 8, and 7 platforms.
Does Windows 10 need Java?
No, Java is not routinely needed – some websites may try to make use of it, but even if you did install it I would recommend explicitly denying it to be used on websites. I’d actively avoid installing it unless you needed it (in most cases).
How do I know if Java is installed on Windows 10?
- Click the Start button.
- Scroll through the applications and programs listed until you see the Java folder.
- Click on the Java folder, then About Java to see the Java version.
Does Windows 10 2020 need Java?
You only need Java if an app requires it. The app will prompt you. So, yes, you can uninstall it and it’s likely safer if you do.
How do I enable Scripting in Microsoft edge?
Click Tools > Internet Options. Click the Security tab > Custom Level. In the Scripting section, click Enable for Active Scripting. In the dialog box that displays, click Yes.
- In Edge, click the “Settings and more” button. …
- Select the “Settings” menu item. …
- Close the settings tab.