To change a port id for MySQL server go to dir “C:xamppmysqlbin” if your xampp is in c drive otherwise use your xampp install directory then open “my” application file which is nothing but my. ini and replace port 3306 to 3307 and save the file. restart your xampp.
How do I reconfigure mysql and control panel to listen on a different port?
Go into the most recent my. ini file and change the port to 3307 . Restart the mySQL service and see if it comes up. You have two versions of mysql using the same port.
Can we change mysql port?
You should find the directory of MySQL installation and find the my. ini file. You can then edit the port number and change the value to desired number, finally save the file.
How do I change the default port for mysql?
Search for the line MYSQL, find port under this line, and replace port values accordingly. After adding the port save the file and then replace the MySQL port variable to match your own port number. To verify the port configuration for MySql DB use the ss command.
How do I change the port in mysql workbench?
Configure MySQL Workbench
- Enter a name for the connection in the “Connection Name” field.
- Select “Standard (TCP/IP)” as the “Connection Type”.
- Enter your server’s IP address in the “Hostname” field.
- Specify the “Port” as “3306”.
- Specify the “Username” as “root”.
How can I tell if port 3306 is Used?
You will get a list of Applications that are using different PORTS. Press Ctrl + F and write 3306 to find out which Application is using PORT 3306. After this, Go to Task Manager via Search Bar or by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL .
How do I fix MySQL port 3306 already in use?
According to your error,some service has already used it. Depends on your OS,check who are using it. For example for netstat -lp | grep 3306 , you can close this service and restart your mysql or change to another port OR you an change mysql default port to listen in your my. cnf file.
Is MariaDB better than MySQL?
Generally speaking, MariaDB shows improved speed when compared to MySQL. In particular, MariaDB offers better performance when it comes to views and handling flash storage through its RocksDB engine. MariaDB also outperforms MySQL when it comes to replication.
How do I connect to port 3306?
Connecting using Sequel Pro (Mac OSX)
- Use the Standard connection tab and enter the following: Name: [optional] Host: [your MySQL hostname: mysql.example.com] Username: [your database user name] Password: [your database user password] Database: [optional] Port: 
- Click Connect.
How do I change my database port?
- Run the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Select the SQL Server Network Configuration.
- Select from the list the instance you want to configure to listen to on a specific port.
- To change the port assignment right-click on the TCP/IP protocol and select Properties.
- Click on the IP Addresses tab.
How do I change the default mysql port in xampp?
Here is how to do it :
- Open Xampp.
- Stop all the running Xampp services.
- Go to “config” at the top-right corner of the Xampp window, click on “service and port settings”, go to “mysql” tab and change the “main port” to 3308 or something else.