There’s a quick and convenient way to see row count, data and index space used in of all tables in one list with SSMS. First, go to View and Object Explorer Details or press F7 key to enable Object Explorer Details pane. Now select Tables item under the database you want to analyze in Object Explorer.
How can I see all rows and columns in SQL?
“sql show all columns” Code Answer’s
- /* To retreive the column names of table using sql */
- SELECT COLUMN_NAME.
- FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS.
- WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘Your Table Name’
How do you display records in SQL?
The SQL SELECT Statement
- SELECT column1, column2, … FROM table_name;
- SELECT * FROM table_name;
- Example. SELECT CustomerName, City FROM Customers;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Customers;
How do I view a table in SQL?
Then issue one of the following SQL statement:
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user:
How do I get all rows in SQL?
To retrieve all columns, use the wild card * (an asterisk). The FROM clause specifies one or more tables to be queried. Use a comma and space between table names when specifying multiple tables. The WHERE clause selects only the rows in which the specified column contains the specified value.
How do I select specific rows in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
How can I see all details in SQL?
- Run SELECT information_schema. TABLES. TABLE_NAME FROM information_schema. TABLES where table_schema=’db_name’
- Create a loop which will run select query for each table gotten from the first query.
How show all results in SQL?
You have the option of displaying your query results on the Run SQL window, as opposed to Data Display windows. To do this, go to View > Data Grid (Ctrl+G). Once you have selected this option, a panel will appear at the bottom of the window – your query results will be displayed there.
What is a view vs a table?
A view is a virtual table. A view consists of rows and columns just like a table. The difference between a view and a table is that views are definitions built on top of other tables (or views), and do not hold data themselves. If data is changing in the underlying table, the same change is reflected in the view.
How do I view a table in a database?
To get a list of the tables in a MySQL database, use the mysql client tool to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW TABLES command. The optional FULL modifier will show the table type as a second output column.
How do you view a database?
Expand Databases, right-click the database to view, and then click Properties. In the Database Properties dialog box, select a page to view the corresponding information. For example, select the Files page to view data and log file information.